Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gamer does more with $25 than I have done with my life.

Many people seem to brush off videogames, their designers, and quite sadly the entire concept of the videogame industry as a type of poison or mind-numbing distraction for our younger generation.  I could sit here and rattle off countless breakthroughs in game design that have benefited education and society, or explain how the niche high-end PC gamer has pushed technology forward more than any Apple-teat sucking technophile has ever done.  But I will not.  I will instead merely point to this article, detailing the creation of a tiny computer that will usher in a new era for those not fortunate enough to be able to afford that shiny new iPad.

$25 USB Computer

Yes, the project seems to have been headed up by a very prominent videogame creator.  Bless his heart, Mr. Braben has an impressive catalogue of games that stress interaction and creativity.

At this moment I am proud to be a fellow gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment